Since this post was published, we have released Foxit PDF SDK, the only true multi-platform SDK in the market, available for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, UWP and Web. It features a single, consistent core API, as well as a built-in viewer and UI for faster development. Learn more.
We are excited to announce new features to our WebPDF Viewer, version 2.3. Foxit WebPDF Viewer is a cross-platform solution for displaying, annotating, signing and manipulating PDF documents in a web browser on desktop and mobile devices. Built on our powerful PDF technology, it provides extensive and easy-to-use features for online PDF viewing without requiring any additional software to be installed locally. Our updates are to features of the core API and the UI.
New Features for API
- Insert pages
Import pages from external PDF stream into a current file
- Page manipulation
Split multi-sheet PDF files into individual files
- PDF file flattening
Flatten document annotations and form fields
- Set PDF metadata tags for a document
Add tags to PDF as meta-data
New Features for UI Extension
8 New Annotation Tools
- Draw a cloud shape using the cursor and annotate on a pop-up comment using ‘Cloud Tool’
- Create a custom width textbox and add it to the page using the mouse using ‘Textbox Tool’
- Insert replacement text with a pop-up annotation using ‘Insert Text Tool’
- Strikeout selected text and insert replacement with a pop-up annotation using ‘Replace Text Tool’
- Highlight any selected objects on the page using ‘Highlight Area Tool’
- Select an image from a local file system and put it on the page using ‘Insert Image Annotation Tool’
- Measure an object’s length or height, or distance between two points using ‘Distance Tool’
- Manage standard stamps using ‘Custom Standard Stamps’
3 New Zoom Tools
- Click and drag an area of interest to zoom closer to it using ‘Marquee Tool’
- Change the magnification in a separate window to view in closer detail using ‘Loupe Tool’
- Adjust magnifications levels in a small window and easily move around a PDF using ‘Pan and Zoom Tool’
2 Other Tools
- Capture and save to clipboard and/or download using ‘Snapshot Tool’
- Allow users to undo or redo annotations using ‘Undo/Redo Tool’
- Largest file size supported is 2 GB
- The maximum zoom level increased to 1,000% from 200%
- Annotations like Textbox, cloud, oval etc., can be filled up with colors
You can check out all the core features and functionality on our WebPDF Viewer product page or sign up for a free trial today.
Does the tool have any functionality that prevents the selection and copying of the text in pdf, avoid printing and avoid downloading?
In WebPDF Viewer you can create all these restrictions programmatically. Do you require any additional information?